Indoor Rowing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My veggie lasagne recipe for dave gorman

Go down

My veggie lasagne recipe for dave gorman Empty My veggie lasagne recipe for dave gorman

Post  little weed Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Veggie Lasagne

First, prepare the 3 components:

Regular tomato sauce – gently sweat one small chopped onion to each tin tomatoes (I usually use about 3 tins) in olive oil. Add tomatoes, red wine, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and let it reduce down for 30mins or so. Blitz to make it a bit smoother, but not too smooth.

Spinach and mushroom layer – slice about 8 field or Portobello mushrooms quite thickly. Fry in butter/olive oil and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Don’t let the mushrooms get too well cooked. Do this in batches. Drain each batch in a colander and reserve the liquid. When all the mushrooms are cooked, wilt a good batch of shredded spinach (or 2 bags of baby spinach) over a low heat (don’t add water, the water on the spinach from washing it will be enough).

Béchamel sauce – melt a big knob of butter (50g) over a low heat. Add about 2 or 3 tablespoons flour and blend with the butter. Slowly add milk and whisk continuously as it thickens. Add about a yogurt pot sized amount of cream and the liquid from the mushrooms. Season with salt and nutmeg. Don't make the sauce too thick (more like a double cream consistency)

Next, assemble the dish:

Start with
• a layer of tomato sauce (and maybe an extra slosh of olive oil to prevent sticking)
• then a sheet of lasagne
• then scatter on a mushroom and spinach layer, drizzled with the béchamel sauce
• then another lasagne sheet
• repeat to use up all ingredients and finish with a layer of tomato sauce topped with the béchamel sauce

Somewhere along the way, throw in a layer of basil leaves. Bake for about 40mins@ 180 degrees (cover with foil or lid for the first 30mins. Use fresh lasagne sheets rather than dried. Let it stand for 5 mins or so before serving.
little weed
little weed

http://homepage.mac.com/leitner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum